Sharing My World


Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spring Blossoms

Dear Ones~

What a beautiful, sunny day here in the Great White North. They are even promising warmer weather for tomorrow - it's supposed to get into the 30s!!! WOW!
This card has been created for the Guest Designer Challenge over at StampTV. You can see the challenge HERE. The challenge was to find a technique video on StampTV, and use that technique to make a spring card. This is the video that I chose to use: http://stamptv.ning.com/video/coloring-with-colored-pencils

Here's my card:
As you can see, I used my Prismacolor Pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color in the beautiful blossoms inside the oval. I used the GKD Dogwood and Blossoms stamp set, but cut the oval that was part of the image away from the flowers, and then adhered that to the green Spellbinders Floral Oval die cut.

Here are the supplies I used to make this card:
Gina K Designs Pure Luxury 120 lb Heavy Weight Card Stock in White
Gina K Designs Patterned Paper Pack Petals and Wings
Gina K Designs Dogwood and Butterfly Stamp Set
Gina K Designs Dreams Take Flight Mini Stamp Set for the Greeting
Spellbinders Floral Ovals Die
Various Circle Punches and Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Stickles
Pearls and Various Colors of Card Stock from my Stash

I'm not even going to mention the fact that we are all waiting for spring, that's a given *wink wink*. Thanks for stopping by - and stay warm my friends.





7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Gorgeous coloring with the prismacolor pencils! It was nice and sunny over here too. Come on spring! I really hoping that you are one of the next guest designers ! Good luck my dear! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card! I love that background plaid, so sunny and pretty! Love the beautifully colored flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh you're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave....lol and now you'll be singing that the rest of the week! HA! Your card is so bright and beautiful, ahhhh Spring! Love those dogwood blooms, so pretty, and what a beautiful die you put them on. Just another gorgeous card, Miss Judy! I think that's all you know how to make anyways! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful indeed! What wonderful spring colors implemented. Love those flowers. Good luck in the guest designer position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! bright, springy and Eastery. Good luck with guest designer challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Judy. It says Spring is Here!! I love how you colored the dogwood and the pink pearl gives it the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30 degrees! I'm so impressed lol!!!! Hang in there. Your card is fabulous! I just love the intense colors and how you use Prismacolor & Gamsol. I just did one, too using those :D I love your cards, Judy! Rock ON!

    ReplyDelete