Sharing My World


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Water Lily

Dear Ones~
I sit here this evening, with my computer on my lap, trying to think of something interesting to write about. It appears that my life is rather predictable and somewhat boring. Having said that, let me just add that I like it just fine that way. Living in a small town (well, out in the country, really) in Northern Michigan is my version of paradise. I am a lucky woman.
And now to my card:
I have to admit that my Mojo was being elusive today, so this card is what came of that. The base is, as always, Gina K Designs Pure Luxury 120 lb card stock, this time in white. The red card stock is GKD Cranberry Tart. The image is from GKD A Year of Flowers. It is my attempt at trying to make a waterlily appear to be floating on water. The jury is still out on how well I achieved that, but I added a little Stickles for shimmer. I stamped the flower in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils and used odorless mineral spirits to shade. The background was distressed with Memento Blue Sky, and GKD Baby Blue and In the Navy. I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Floral Oval dies to cut out the image. The greeting is from the GKD Fanciful Tags stamp set. Patterned papers are from DCWV Summer Dream, and DCWV Bouquet deFleur.
This card will be entered in the challenge over at StampTV, and the Mod Squad Challenge.
Tomorrow Himself and I are going to Traverse City to celebrate Valentine's Day, even though it's a day early. The hope is that we will avoid all the crowds in the restaurants. Yep.....we have officially become Senior Citizens.

Thanks for stopping by - and stay warm my friends.

12 comments:

  1. Well if that's lack of mojo, you can give me some!! It's beautiful!! and that waterlily is floating..lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Judy!! that water looks so real! What wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is MY life and I LOVE my life too! Life is good, knock on wood! This is a beautiful card, I love your layout and that perfectly colored lily--so pretty! I have one word for you....SUCCESFUL!!! It's stunning, Judy.....stand back and take another look--you'll see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think for not being in the mood you certainly made an outstanding card design. I do know what you mean though. I have often gotten into a "funk" for a bit as well. I wonder if this winter is getting to a few of us and we need to see more warmth again? But I love your card and especially love how you colored that beautiful water lily. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, and I love the way you made the water look so real....gorgeous, really! Had to laugh when I saw your plans for Valentine's Day dinner. We are going out to celebrate today too. Hate the crowds...guess we are truly Seniors too! Hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you hate when it's like pulling teeth to find your mojo!! I love this card no matter what! Right there with you on the crowds...we are having take out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you've definitely achieved the look of the lily floating on water, my friend! Your card is gorgeous - your coloring, papers and design are just fabulous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog xx
    I am now a follower & will be popping back regularly to see what you have been up to xx

    I just love your creation, the colours are gorgeous & your lily looks all floaty & dreamy!
    Have a great weekend
    hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Judy. Your Lily is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First I had to giggle at your predictiable and boring statement as that is my life... Well unless the boys are doing something at the moment. :-) Glad you enjoy your little world and have time to stamp. This is vibrant! I like the lily and your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know, Judy...I just can't agree with that predictable and boring thing! Your creations always bring a bright light into my sluggish days, for sure! Love this card! The way you added the Stickles is the perfect addition. The blues are gorgeous, and the patterned paper looks just right. GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being a winner at Mod Squad! You earned it, lady!

    ReplyDelete