Sharing My World


Sunday, February 16, 2014

For Collin

Dear Ones~
Not sure if any of you have read a post on Face Book about this sweet little boy, Colin, who turns 11 on March 9th. 
This is what his Mom has said about creating the Page, Happy Birthday Colin:

  I am Colin's mom, I created this page for my amazing, wonderful, challenging son who is about to turn 11 on March 9th. Because of Colin's disabilities, social skills are not easy for him, and he often acts out in school, and the other kids don't like him. So when I asked him if he wanted a party for his birthday, he said there wasn't a point because he has no friends. He eats lunch alone in the office everyday because no one will let him sit with them, and rather than force someone to be unhappy with his presence, he sits alone in the office. So I thought, if I could create a page where people could send him positive thoughts and encouraging words, that would be better than any birthday party. Please join me in making my very original son feel special on his day.
 
As card makers I know you will all want to join in on Colin's special day and pop a card in the mail for him.  You could also 'like' his page on Face Book if you have an account.  His parents are trying to keep this all hush hush until the big reveal on his birthday. 
 
For those of you without a Face Book Page, here is his address:
 
Happy Birthday Colin
PO Box 756

Richland, MI 49083-0756
 
Here's my card:
I used a cute stamp set from Technique Tuesday called Monsters Ink for the image and greeting. Love this set - so appropriate for boys. The letters are stickers from a paper pack called Robots by Best Creations. Background paper is called Artist from Paper House, and the balloons were punched from the DCWV Glitter Stack.  I used a little Glossy Accents on his eyes and teeth for pop.

Give some thought to sending a card out to Collin. He is gonna be blown away with all the heartfelt wishes. Thanks for stopping by - and stay warm, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, you knew exactly what to create for this special little boy! Fantasy fun with lots of wonderful bright color. I know he's going to love it. BTW: I started following your blog, but wanted to you to know that my full name is Beverly Sue and I go by my nickname, Susie. I didn't want you to be confused when you saw my name. : )

    ReplyDelete