Sharing My World


Monday, January 27, 2014

Parquet Rose

Hello Dear Ones~
This card has been made for the Mod Squad Challenge. We were to use some kind of wood or something wood-like on our project. I love parquet flooring and thought this would be fun to try.

Here's my card:



I have some wonderful paper from Paper Studio called Natural Botanicals. I love this stack, so many great patterned papers. There was a wood pattern that worked perfectly, so I printed off a parquet pattern from the internet and went to town. It's just a matter of cutting the shapes and fitting them together. I also distressed the edges of each piece with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to make the pieces stand out better. I had so much fun - I think I need to try another color to see how that turns out.
The rose is from a GKD Stamp Set called Stately Flowers 6, the greeting is from GKD Stamp Set Simple Hearts. I stamped the rose image on watercolor paper with Versafine Archival Ink and colored it with Distress Markers. The die is from the Spellbinders Lovely Labels 3 set. GKD Pure Luxury 120 lb Card Stock was used for the base in Black Onyx, and matted with Cherry Red.
Do you see the dew drops on the rose? That was done with Glossy Accents - love that look.

Thanks for stopping by - and stay warm my friends.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! That really looks just like a parquet floor! It's amazing! And topped with your beautiful rose! You colored it perfectly and YES I did notice your dew drops, you are oh so smahhhht! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background! It does look like a parquet floor...great job! Love that beautiful rose....colored perfectly! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like being snowed it helps your creative juices to flourish!! You did a wonderful job on both the parquet background and the rose. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic parquet floor background! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, this is fabulous! What a great idea and thanks for sharing how you did it. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card design. Love that background floor design and the coloring on your rose is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy! Love your design on this! That background paper looks GREAT! And the Glossy Accents are the perfect touch...what did we ever do before Glossy Accents? Love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy that is just eye-popping gorgeous. The parquet floor is awesome. The coloring is absolutely stunning on the rose and the dew drops add a really special touch. Thanks for providing the details on how you created the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this one? I have signed up twice to get a notice when you post, but I will sign up again.
    I want to see each and every one that you do. This one is too amazingly design to miss it. I would have never thought to get a parquet design off the internet. You are something else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very romantic, that rose is awesome with the good grain background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design, the parquet is amazing!

    ReplyDelete